Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fuji Velvia Jitter

  1. #1
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just shot a roll of Fuji Velvia from Spectra in my Canon 814.The colors came out stunning and the footage looks great except the jitter is unacceptable.When I first got it back from Spectra,I ran it on a projector and I thought the jitter could be the fault of the projector.I was pretty certain it wasn't the camera as I had just shot a roll of Vision 200T and had it processed at the same place and transferred by a good friend on another super 8 forum.The Vision 200T was stable as a table.The transfer was done very well on both rolls,yet after getting the transfer of the Velvia,it's apparent the jitter is in the cartridge.

    I have two questions.There used to be a service for the bigger formats(been ages since I've dealt with this,early mid 90's)some labs called "electronic stableization",where the jitter could be taken out in the telecine.Anyone have any experience with this and can it be done for super 8?

    What's the problem with Velvia in a super 8 cart?I really love the stock,but don't plan on shooting anymore if this problem keeps up.I plan on reshooting some of the shots for my project on 100 D .Any bad registration reports on that stock?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How old was the fuji velvia stock that you shot?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If I am to trust Spectra,it was brand spanking new.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How did the film sound when it was running through the camera?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The film sounded fine.No bad ******r.In fact it ran quietly enough if I had wanted to,I could've shot sound without a blimp or barney since I was outdoors.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't mean to sound like a District Attorney, but is this a camera that you have done maintenance on?

    I should be getting some Velvia back soon so I'll be able to throw in my two cents.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, I have some Velvia already souped, and the Dali Dali Dali production and I just shot three more today.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member tallchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2008
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had this kind of problem occasionally before, and it was mostly because of the pressure plate in the cartridge.
    The way to solve this is to buy a precision pressure plate.
    I bought one a year ago and have had no problems since.
    The company ANDEC in Germany offers a excellent quality one and even though quite expensive (approx 125 Euro) has made a very big difference and actually all films run as stable as 16mm on all my cameras.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •